It’s Friday and that can only mean one thing. A bucket bursting with links.
- Out to kill some sacred cows, Gaming Brouhaha declares Temple of Elemental Evil was not a good adventure
- On a similar note Nuketown wants us to Beware the Megadungeon and entirely discordantly ponders the Evolving the RPG Form Factor
- The Old / New School debate rumbles on with Whitehall ParaIndustries kicking in with Edition Wars
- Tankards & Broadswords asks What’s so wrong with derivative pseudo-gaming fiction, anyways?
Wondering about what type of aliens could live just above absolute 0? Jeff’s Gameblog has the answers with two sci-fi fragments whilst Starbright Illustrations has traveller news in
Mongoose Publishing has released High Guard as open content, I’m so happy.
- Planet Thirteen have a very interesting free game: How to Host a Dungeon
- A blast from the past as Ubiquitous Orcs asks Descending Armor Class ….Does ANYBODY still use it?
- Greywulf’s Lair has one of the funniest ideas I’ve heard in a long time when they game Like it’s 1981 all over again, part one
- The Bone Scroll has similar ideas and comes out In Defense of Random Character Generation
- Getting out of the sandbox, Keep on the Gaming Lands introduces The Lego Box Campaign
- A personal declaration from A Butterfly Dreaming – What D&D Is (To Me)
- The short film The Mysterious Explorations of Jasper Morello is recommend by Bard of the Valiant
- Sticking with moving picture, The Dwarf and the Basilisk has Top Ten Movie Twist Endings
- Advanced Gaming & Theory jumps out and says Surprise! A DMs Guide to Judging Ambushes
- Real life inspiration for GMs with Excellent Castles – and Plot Hooks! from The Ghost Tower of Dustiness
- Old school info from RPG Blog II – Reference: What DnD Alphanumberic Module Codes Meant
- A new reading list for GMs? Dungeon Mastering 101 proposes A Modern Appendix N Reading List. As if by magic, Chad Perrin posts his recommended books (fiction)
- Dungeon’s Master considers breaking the gold rule with Split the Party
- Something for all GMs to aspire to Amazing DM Created Game Realia by Living Dice
- The Geek Emporium wants to know what is the Worst Gaming Cliche
- Where as Roleplaying Pro asks Can Anyone Stand Up To The 800-Lb Gorilla?
- Exhange of Realities has a well founded beef with some players in This Is Common Courtesy, Right?
- Lastly, and somewhat ironically, the Pen & Paper Portal wants to ditch the paper and asks Would You Buy RPG Books on an E-Book?