The best of the last two weeks of blog posts from around the RPG Network.
- Doom & gloom from Purple Pawn in 2008 & the Continued Death of the Collectible Gaming Scene plus one of the many 2008 round-ups but probably the best Top RPG News and Trends of 2008
- Tankards & Broardsword stands up for what he believes in even if it isn’t hip in Ten Things I Like About Dragonlance
- More controversial opinions with How to make D&D more like a video game from The Gamer Dome
- Funny and undead in Six Half-Baked Vampire Chronicles from How to Start a Revolution in 21 Days or Less
- The recursion king looks at a subject close to my heart, Miniatures and D&D – a few game sessions and Newbie DM looks to the future with One day we’ll make our own D&D miniatures. Finally on the subject, The Bone Scroll exclaims That’s not the miniature I painted!
- Backstabbing by Exchange of Realities in Notes on Betrayal
- Myopic gamers everywhere give a big thumbs up to Dungeon Mastering 101 and In Defense of Big Print
- Roleplaying Pro is playing “Suck or Not” in Palladium Sucks! Or Does It? Yeah, It Does… and then goes for House Rules: The Antithesis of all that is Sacred
- Important GM skills are considered by At Will with The Deadly Art of All-Night Brainstorming, Part 1: The Sea of Thought
- Top 10 Things That Have Pissed Me Off About Role Playing This Year from Monsters & Manuals gets in purely for mentioning Zimbardo’s simulated prison experiment.
- Avoiding the obvious answer (stick to 3.5) Greywulf tells us about Speeding up 4e D&D Combat
- Dungeon Mastering tackles how to cope when Mr Cockup comes to town in Oops! How to Gracefully Recover from a DM Mistake and then looks at why It’s So Good To Be Bad!
- Who am I again? is answered by Philippine Gamer in Multiple Personality GMing
- The Core Mechanic has the latest news on the RPG Blog Anthology
- Games of State poses the binary question D&DI: Digital Revolution or Damp Squib?
Doing a far better job of saying what I thought than I ever did, Geek Related speaks out on
Why the Rule of Cool Is Not Cool and goes out to kill a sacred cow in Role-Playing Mastery?
- Mummy, where do monsters come from? is the question answered in Netherworld Stories Evolution and creationism in fantasy