A weekly round up links that have caught my eye.
- A short and to the point post on Why Don’t People Want to Play [D&D] Anymore on Sword & Shield.
- Which dovetails nicely into two articles on What Made Original D&D Great (written in 1994) and Thumbs Down to D&D 3.5 Edition, a 2003 article. The trends outline in both articles have continued in 4e. Thanks to Elliot Wilen for finding those.
- Question GM makes some interesting points on The Looter DM plus Inkwell Ideas has thoughts on How Much Borrowing is Too Much and A Butterfly Dreaming considers Stealing by the Numbers.
- A Pen & Paper Portal takes a look at D&D monster knitting: Crochet’d Dark Mantel Smothers My Heart; and at a d20 Cake.
- DnD Corner has some fun with a Hobbit Name Generator.
- Greyhawk Grognard discovers 50 Different Terrain Types for mapping.
- Gnome Stew is interested in what free, online support a new game should offer.
- <purple Pawnpoints us at some Smoking boots markers from Jim’s Product Lab. Jim seems to have a great range of interesting gaming counters, markers and bling.