This is latest news from people who have seen the 4e rule books, collated on an Enworld discussion. Other, possibly more important information includes:
- 2-weapon fighting is a feat, but just gives a damage bonus, not an extra attack.
- Gnomes can *turn invis* once per encounter after they’ve taken dmg.
- Tumbling is a Rogue Utility power. Once per encounter, shift half your base move.
- The following monsters were listed with some info for use as playable character races: Bugbear, Doppleganger, Drow, Githyanki, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kobold, Minotaur, Orc, Shadar-Kai, Shifter (2 types), Warforged.
- There are 5 Alignments: Good, Lawful Good, Evil, Chaotic Evil, Unaligned. Among the gods I did not see any evil or CE listed.
Personally, I’m not making a firm view on 4e until I’ve had a good look at the rules but at the moment my feelings can be best described as “Its D&D Jim, but not as we know it”